I posted this recipe on request of my younger sister, who on her return home from university would look forward to me cooking this dish.
This recipe combines crispy, moreish, savoury and spicy flavors all in one bite of chicken and is now readily available for her and others who want great finger food to enjoy with company.
350 grams Boneless chicken thighs (or any type of chicken you like, breast, wings etc)
2 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon Black pepper
1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Sage
2 cloves of garlic grated (or a half a teaspoon of garlic powder)
½ teaspoon Onion powder
Juice of 1 lemon
- Cut the chicken thighs into strip sizes, and combine with the lemon juice in a bowl.
- Combine the buttermilk, grated garlic, grated onion buffalo wing sauce, sage ,salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika in a separate bowl and whisk.
- Pour away the excess lemon juice from the chicken and add to the marinade, stir to ensure that it is well coated. Seal and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 8 hours.
- Meanwhile combine the flour, salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, into a reseal able plastic bag. Shake to mix thoroughly and set aside until you are ready to cook your chicken.
- Transfer one marinated chicken piece at a time into the dry ingredient bag, and shake well to ensure complete coverage. After all chicken pieces are coated, repeat the process by dipping them in the buttermilk marinade and shaking in the dry coating again.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, fry the chicken until golden brown and juices run clear, turning chicken to brown evenly.
- Serve with the remaining buffalo wing dip, coconut chili dip and/or sweet mustard mayonnaise.
Enjoy and let me know how it went for you.
I’m always excited to know if the recipes been altered and combined with other ingredients.