A fresh and easy to make cabbage salad, that is a carrot free coleslaw with green peas and flavoured with fresh herbs and mustard. Mixed with a light and mayonnaise free coleslaw that uses my Mint yogurt dressing/dip as a substitute. However, it is just as delicious without any dressing.
The salad is simple to make, and is tasty side to accompany a variety if meat and vegetables. Suggestion: Try I with roast chicken, and for vegetarians add this to your roasted sweet potato.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Serves: 8
Cabbage & Pea Salad Ingredients
Half Small Red Cabbage thinly sliced
Half a small heart cabbage thinly sliced
200 g of frozen peas
½ tsp of Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp of lemon juice
1 tbsp of Apple Cider vinegar
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Greek yogurt Dressing
100g Greek yogurt
Juice of half a lemon
1 clove garlic crushed
Fresh Mint chopped
Fresh Parsley Chopped
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
- Boil the frozen peas until tender, drain and then fill with cold water to chill.
- Mix the lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard and salt together and add to the cabbage.
- Place the thinly sliced cabbages into the bowl and pour over the lemon dressing and stir.
- Drain the peas from the cold water and add to the salad.
- For the Greek yogurt dressing, combine all the ingredients together. Add to the salad, stir and serve (can also be enjoyed without)